Friday, November 4, 2011

Misalignment

My family has some serious misalignment when it comes to my parents incentivizing my siblings and I to work. My parents are pretty generous with helping us out and paying for college and expenses. They say they'll cut us off once we get a job and/or get married. None of us complain that we get help just that those who are working to support themselves don't get any help while others who aren't working still get money.
I am about to graduate and unlike many seniors I do not feel the extreme sense of urgency to get a great job. I know that if I get a great job I'll be expected to pay for everything (as I should I guess), however, if I get an OK job that doesn't pay well I know my parents will pay for any discrepancies between my pay and my expenses. I know that I should go for the best job, but supporting myself is a scary thing and having my parents money to fall back on is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment